Organization Tips: Craft Room Closet


 








I recently decided to organize the closet in my craft room.  As you can see from the picture below, it was in some serious need of TLC.  I have a lot of craft supplies from scrap book paper, paints/brushes, ribbons, tissue paper, fabric, and pretty much anything else you can think of.  It got to the point where it was difficult to find things and I could barely open the door without being afraid of the potential avalanche of items.


I decided to begin the daunting task of organizing it and I am so glad I did! It is so much easier to find things as I need them and it even looks pretty.  I don't know about you, but when it definitely inspires me more when things actually look appealing around me.  I decided to compile a couple of tips to help you in case you are faced with the same problem. 



1. Don't be afraid of downsizing- I got rid of a trash bag worth of old supplies.  If you have not used something in over 6 months and don't have plans to do so, then throw it away. You can also donate to a local charity if the items are in good shape.

2. Purchase pretty storage bins- Storage bins can be life savers, but just make sure you aren't transferring the mess from one space to another.  If it helps, you can purchase some labels to help you remember what is inside each one.

3. Make it functional based on your own needs- The top shelves in my closet are pretty high, so I use them for the items that I don't use as often.  Also, I try not to stack boxes too high, so that  the ones in the middle are easy to get to. 

4. Set aside some time and space- Overall this took about 3 hours total (I literally went through everything lol).  I also used all of the available floor space in my craft room to lay everything out and wrap my brain around all of the things I have.

5. Enlist help- This is much more fun done with a buddy, or in my case a boyfriend who is not afraid to tell me I have not used something in years.  Talk about a gut check when contemplating whether or not to get rid of something!

I hope these tips were helpful for you! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You have always been very creative and crafty! What a pretty space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I can't function in a space that's not pretty lol :)

      Delete
  2. I only wish my closet looked like this!! Mine looks a little more like the before picture :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha hey we've all been there...now I need to tackle the guest bedroom closet :)

      Delete

 
Blogging tips