Quick and Simple Pesto Recipe

Hi Everyone! Today I wanted to share a very simple recipe that is delicious and full of flavor! How many of you loooove pesto?  I love it on pizza, sandwiches, caprese salads, and so much more.  The funny thing is that I've never actually made it myself, but have always heard it's so easy.  Well this week I decided to give it a shot and I was so pleased with how it turned out. 

All you need is some oil, nuts, and fresh herbs.  You can use any combination you would like, but I went with olive oil, basil, and pine nuts. I was thinking a parsley version would be good with cashews, so I might try that next.  I didn't measure anything, but if you start with the herbs and nuts first you can add oil as you go for different consistency levels.  Mine ended up more thick, but it was perfect for a spread.  Next all you do is mix everything up in a food processor or blender and voila you have delicious homemade pesto! 

My new favorite breakfast is a slice of toast smeared with pesto and an over easy egg on top...it may look/sound strange, but I promise it is so delicious!

What is your favorite pesto combination? 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips