Healthy Rice Bowl





This is a delicious and light meal that I have been eating for dinner lately.  It only takes about 20 minutes to make and is about 250 calories. 

You'll need:

1 cup of brown rice
1 can of black beans
1 Roma tomato ( I used cherry tomatoes, but either is fine)
2-3 sprigs of cilantro
1/2 of a lime

First cook the rice in a rice cooker according to the directions. In the meantime take the can of black beans and warm them up in a small pan. Next start dicing the tomato and chopping the cilantro. Once the rice is finished cooking, combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and squeeze lime juice over 
everything. Voila...you have a yummy and nutritious meal!

Note: I normally don't use all of the beans and rice, so I have some leftover for the next day. 

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips