The Kindness of a Stranger





I ordered this bag from Tory Burch a couple weeks back and I love it! The funny thing is, the day I expected it to arrive someone else dropped it off.  

That night the doorbell rang and we were watching TV like any other night, and I figured UPS had just dropped the package off at the door.  Well the doorbell rang again, so I got up to go check. There was a man standing at the door with a box and he asked for me by name. He then began to explain that UPS had dropped the package off at his house a couple of days ago. It seems they got confused because one label had his name/address and one had mine. He apologized for opening it, but once him and his wife realized it was an expensive purse, and was not something they had ordered, they decided to contact UPS. He then explained that when he called UPS they told him he was wrong and that it was his package, basically washing their hands of it.  He came by to drop it off and make sure that I got it ok. I thanked him for bringing it, and him and his wife left. 

I have to say that I was so surprised and glad at the same time. I guess it's nice to know that there are still so many kind people out there! 

Have you ever had a pleasant experience with a complete stranger?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips