Burlap Bunny Banner DIY

 
 
 
I stumbled across this tutorial at Living Well Spending Less and I was instantly drawn to the soft neutral palette. It is also a no sew tutorial which was even better. I decided to make it and could not be more pleased with the end result! Here are the steps to complete your very own burlap banner.
 
What you'll need:
 
Burlap (I bought two yards and it was way too much!)
Felt in any color of your choice
Pom Poms
Ribbon
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Craft Paper
Iron
Spray Starch
 
 
(By the way I am a terrible DIY blogger since I did not take any "during" pics, but if you need the visuals check out the original tutorial link...sorry and I'll try to do better next time!)
The very first thing I did was iron the burlap using a little bit of spray starch. I found this to be very helpful in keeping the shape of the burlap and even preventing some fraying.
 
 
 
Next cut out your bunting and bunny stencils using the craft paper. I freehanded mine since I don't have a printer, but Ruth has some free printables on her blog if you need them. The craft paper I used was the consistency of cardstock, so it made for a nice stencil.  After this I cut the burlap and felt one piece at a time, to make sure they were even.
 
 

 
 
Now it's time to glue! I glued the pom poms onto the bunnies first and then glued the bunnies to the burlap pieces.  A helpful tip would be to use a small amount of hot glue on the felt. The first time I used too much and it bled through a bit. Also when you glue the bunny to the burlap make sure you have a hard surface underneath. I had to use some cardboard because it seeps through the burlap. Next glue the banner pieces to the ribbon and you're all done! Easy right?
 
 
 
If you are not up to making one yourself I have teamed up with Kristin of Crafter Thought Blog and Megan of The Sis Kiss to create this giveaway! Check out my Instagram account for more details on how you can win your own banner, a cute bunny canvas, and an adorable chick print!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips