What I think of my Naturebox Subscription

                                     
Hi Everyone! I recently decided to join a subscription box, but not just any...it's a food one! Maybe it's just me, but the idea of yummy snacks getting delivered to my door every other week sounded AMAZING! :)  So it's called Naturebox and they send you a box of snacks either monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly and you have the option to choose 3 or 5 per box.  I naturally chose 5 every other week. 

The cool thing about it is all there snacks are healthy, natural, and made with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. You get to add snacks to your "pantry" which is basically like your shopping bag/wish list or you can let them surprise you.  I was pleasantly surprised that there were so many to choose from and I guess they add new snacks pretty regularly.  Also if you don't like a snack they claim to replace it for free in your next box.  I haven't experienced this yet, so I'll keep you posted along the way.  Oh, and did I mention your first box is free!

Here is a review of my first box, so you get an idea of the portion sizes and flavor of the ones I selected. 
1) Mango Orange Fruit Chews:
These were actually quite tasty.  If you have ever had other natural fruit leathers or gummies, they are pretty comparable.  Not too sweet and very moist and chewy...just like a gummy should be.  They came individually packaged, which I loved because they are easy to take with me while traveling.  Overall Rating: 4 stars
2) Guacamole Bites:
These were actually really good as well.  They sort of have the consistency of a Frito, but they are not as greasy.  I don't know that I would describe their taste as guacamole, but they have a salty/smoky flavor that I liked.  On that note they were a bit salty, but I didn't mind and would consider adding these to my pantry again.
Overall Rating: 3.5 stars
3) Jalapeno White Cheddar Popcorn:
So this was really good! The kernels are big and fluffy and are just the right consistency between crunchy and soft/fluffy.  The flavor is spot on as well.  It actually had a little bit of a kick to it and coming from a New Mexico native that is saying something :)  It tasted like real jalapeno flavoring and not artificial, so that was a plus.
Overall Rating: 4.5 stars
4) Coconut Cashews:
These were a pretty decent snack as well.  They are dusted with coconut flakes and are more sweet than salty.  The consistency was not what I expected because they were kind of soft and chewy rather than crunchy like a normal cashew, but I didn't mind. 
Overall Rating: 4 stars
5) Sriracha Roasted Cashews:
So I kinda saved the best for last...these were incredible and by far my favorite! They were sweet, salty, crunchy, soft, and spicy all at the same time and the flavor was delicious! For those of you that know me, I am kind of obsessed with Baked Hot Cheetos, which were recently discontinued (saddest day ever!), and these are seriously the only thing that has satisfied my spicy snack craving and filled that void. Yes I said void...I take my snacks very seriously lol. The first picture is kind of blurry, but by the time I realized I had seriously eaten the rest already!
Overall Rating: 5++++++ Stars

I have been really pleased with Naturebox so far and would recommend them to others.  My only issue so far is the serving per bag seem to be off.  I have literally measured and counted each one since I am tracking my calories (more on that in a future post) and a couple fell short of the promised amount. I have already received my second box though, so I'll start munching away and let you know how the other snacks taste and if I experience the same issue with the portions.  If you are interested in signing up check them out here 

Have you ever tried Naturebox? Would you consider it? What are some healthy snacks you like to eat?

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips